Niels Brock International in Copenhagen is seeking a full-time faculty member with education and expertise in Marketing to teach in its American BSc Program in Business Administration
Niels Brock International provides an accredited U.S. Bachelor of Science degree with concentrations finance and marketing that are supported by a strong liberal arts curriculum.
In addition to teaching, you will also serve as a mentor to and colleague with local lecturers in our cooperative schools in Copenhagen and globally, engaging in faculty development projects that offer both teaching and learning experiences. Strong communications skills are imperative.
You must therefore provide us with a recent (within two years) score on an internationally standardized language examination, e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, if you are a non-native speaker of English. You are exempt from this requirement if you are from (in alphabetical order) Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
The B.Sc. Program has been running for several years in Asia. As of Autumn 2015, we began offering courses in Copenhagen, in addition to providing our students in Copenhagen and around the world with online-supported instruction for use in an onsite/online hybrid format. We are therefore also looking for faculty members with experience in the use of an online learning management system.
The requirements for this position are that you possess:
- A master's degree, at a minimum, though a Ph.D. is preferred, either of which includes at least 36 ECTS or 18 US credit hours at the graduate level in Marketing
- The ability to speak and write English fluently (Danish is not a requirement.) Note that conversational English capability differs from mastery of the language at a sufficiently high level to teach in an academic setting. This position demands exceptionally strong English language speaking and writing skills. Your application must include results of an international English language examination. Please ½make arrangements with Berlitz or the administrators of an internationally recognized English language examination provider. Your exam results must include scores for speaking, listening, writing and reading.
- Relevant college-level teaching experience; research experience is a plus
- Administering courses in a hybrid online/onsite format
- The desire to develop and test online course materials
- Danish work and residence permits
- A talent for cultural understanding and working cooperatively with a diverse group of colleagues and students from Europe, Asia, Africa and North America.
Terms of employment
This position will be filled as soon as possible. You will initially receive either a full-time appointment for one academic year (Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 semesters), with the possibility of extending the contract. Employment will be secured as per agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the AC trade union.
For more information about the appointment, please contact Dean of Academic Affairs, Sharon Pedersen at email@example.com or Executive Vice President Claus Villumsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held continuously from late November until mid-January 2018, and the spring semester begins on January 29th 2018. You are advised to submit your documents, explained below as soon as possible.
Please submit a CV and a cover letter. In addition, please attach a copy of your graduate transcript(s) and English language test scores. Official transcripts directly from your graduate institution(s) will be required once you accept the position. Note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Niels Brock
Niels Brock, the parent institution for Niels Brock International, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition, Niels Brock complies with applicable Danish and American laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Niels Brock expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Niels Brock is one of the largest educational institutions in Denmark with more than 20,000 students in Denmark and more than 2,000 students in China and the rest of Asia. We have taught business subjects for more than 130 years, building up experience and establishing solid networks throughout Denmark and the world.
It is our ambition to be the most global and innovative business college in Denmark. We develop and offer education and training which provide the Danish and global business communities with the proper competencies to enhance cooperation and competitiveness, and we are widely recognized for our academically and pedagogically skilled faculty members and dedicated students.