The primary focus of this Specialist in Materials- and Surface Engineering is to drive research and development activities in composite materials surfaces and interfaces, tool and die surface technology and materials characterization. This includes the lead of deepening the knowledge and understanding of Fiberline A/S’ existing technologies, and leading improvements and further development of our technologies in these fields.
To be considered for this role, you will be hold a Ph.D. in Materials Science / Engineering, Surface Engineering, or similar qualifications in closely related subjects. You will report to the Chief Technology Officer and be part of a strong team of dedicated professionals. You will work closely with specialists in Chemistry, Pultrusion Process Science, and Composite Engineering and Mechanics.
• Lead improvements and development of Fiberline’s hard coated tool and die surfaces for higher performance, higher processing efficiency and lower cost.
• Work closely with specialists in Composite Engineering and Mechanics to lead development in composite material surfaces for bonding in structurally demanding applications.
• Work closely with specialists in Chemistry and external experts to deepen the understanding of carbon- and glass fiber surfaces, fiber- matrix interfaces in composites and their influence on product performance and processing efficiency.
• Be the expert in materials microanalysis and develop characterization methods using light- and electron microscopy.
• Work closely with colleagues in Chemistry on analytical methods in chemistry and physical chemistry (DSC, FTIR, Rheology, etc.)
• Work closely with Sourcing in developing new suppliers of tools, dies and hard coating.
• Sparring with internal and external stakeholders to deepen the knowledge and understanding of Fiberline A/S’ existing technologies within the specialization in materials- and surface engineering.
• Define appropriate QC methods within the area of expertise.
• Doctorate degree in Materials Science or closely related disciplines or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge and experience with surface characterization, hard chrome coatings, fiber composite materials and/or bonding of composite materials surfaces is a definite plus.
• Proven record of results in science and technology.
• Experience in scaling up processes from laboratory to pilot to full scale manufacturing is a plus.
• Proactive, curious, structured and outspoken.
• Good communication skills with the ability to compile technical reports and oral presentations
• Strong networker
If you would like to know more about this position, please do not hesitate to contact CTO Casper Thorning tlf. +45 25 27 76 08.
How to apply?
Please apply via the link provided. Please note that Fiberline A/S exclusively uses electronic recruiting and only applications received online will be considered.
About Fiberline A/S
Fiberline is a family owned company headquartered in Middelfart, Denmark. We are a market developing, knowledge-based manufacturing company and one of the World’s leading suppliers of advanced profiles in glass- and carbon fiber composites. We supply demanding applications in wind power, construction, and windows & facades as our three areas of strategic focus.