Fiberline Composites, a world-leading company in the fast-developing technology of pultrusion, is seeking a R&D specialist for its Composite Engineering and Mechanics team within Technology.
Fiberline Composites, with headquarters and technology center in Middelfart, Denmark, is a market developing and knowledge-based manufacturing company strategically focused on the wind turbine industry and a world-leading supplier of advanced carbon- and glassfiber composite materials for the most critical load-bearing structures of wind turbine blades.
Advanced pultruded carbon- and glass fiber composites are at the forefront of modern wind turbine blade designs, and Fiberline Composites is undergoing a strong global expansion with establishment of manufacturing sites in multiple locations in Asia, North America and Europe.
The focus of this position is the development and validation of the materials mechanics of the numerous new products and composite materials systems that drive this growth.
To be considered for this role, you will hold an advanced degree or equivalent experience in Mechanics, Materials Science, Composites, or similar field with emphasis on mechanics of composite materials.
You will report organizationally within the Composites Engineering & Mechanics team and work alongside a strong team of dedicated professionals in Materials Science, Chemistry, Process Science and Project Management. The position will be filled at the R&D Specialist or Senior R&D Specialist level according to qualifications.
- Engineer high-performance carbon- and glass fiber pultruded composite materials with respect to reinforcement content, reinforcement distribution and geometry for optimal mechanical performance.
- Research correlations between materials characteristics such as fiber content, distribution, and geometry and mechanical performance of pultruded composites so that the optimal design can be more accurately predicted.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Chemistry, Materials Science and Process Science to develop optimal materials systems and combinations for high-performance pultruded composites.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Chemistry, Materials Science and Process Science to research correlation between the characteristics and properties of composite materials constituents (resin, fibers, sizing, …) and the mechanical performance of the final pultruded composite.
- Validate mechanical properties of composites and supervise and support mechanical testing.
- Provide expert input on mechanical testing of composites to other functions in the organization, such as defining appropriate QC testing procedures and validating testing quality.
- Optimize and improve mechanical performance and properties of existing products and materials systems.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Composites Engineering, Mechanics, Materials Science, or similar field with emphasis on composites.
- Strong understanding of mechanics of composites and structural design.
- Strong technical knowledge in mechanical and composite design methodologies.
- Experience in mechanical testing of advanced composite materials.
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Failure Analysis, Fracture Mechanics etc.
- Enthusiastic about practical work on tests and verification as well as theoretical knowledge.
- Excellent ability to compile technical reports.
- Dedicated team player, and capable of working in multi-cultural team.
- Curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem-solving and enjoy knowledge sharing and sparring with colleagues.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Experience and interest in Finite Element Analysis is a plus.
If you would like to know more about this position, please do not hesitate to contact Atina Kafilzadeh, Composites Engineering & Mechanics +45 25 27 76 01 or Casper Thorning, CTO, +45 25 27 76 08.
About Fiberline Composites A/S:
As a carbon- and glass fiber pultrusion specialist, we have been a trusted supplier to the wind power industry for the past 30 years. Our materials make up the mechanically most demanding parts of wind turbine blades, as root section inserts, spar caps and webs. In close collaboration with our customers, we push the boundaries for the performance in composites for the next generation wind turbine blades and profitable growth for our customers. For more information, visit www.fiberlinecomposites.com