Do you want to be a part of the green transition, drive new automaton innovations, and ensure our daily operations across three sites globally?
Fiberline Composites is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Gurit Group – one of the biggest players developing, producing and supplying direct materials to wind turbine blades across the world. Fiberline Composites has their headquarters and manufacturing in Middelfart, Denmark and manufacturing facilities also in India and China. Fiberline Composites is a technologically advanced and knowledge-based manufacturer of advanced carbon and glass fiber profiles to wind turbine and blade manufacturers.
The objective of this position is to ensure that our manufacturing equipment across all sites is running smoothly. This is done in collaboration with the on-site Automation Engineers. Secondly, we are continuously upgrading our equipment and processes to increase OEE and to automate previously manual systems. Therefore, a significant amount of time in this position will be spent on developing new systems, and rebuilding old ones, together with our IT department and rolling it out on our production sites. We call on external SCADA suppliers if and when required. As this role is a mix between operational tasks and development task, it is key that you are able to prioritize tasks and switch your focus when needed.
As we are building up automation expertise in China and India also; we expect this role to be the central point for coordination of these automation initiatives. For the right candidate, the role will take functional leadership of the automation colleagues in the other locations.
We expect the ideal candidate to have experience working in the cross-section between IT, Engineering and Operations. Having experience in working with Lenze controllers/software and Proficy iFix SCADA is considered a plus.
In this role, you will refer to our Production Engineering Manager, Kim Wiingaard, in the Operations team.
The Production Engineering Department is a team consisting of engineers, technicians, and technical designers. We are a closely knitted team with a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
As our new Automation Manager, you will hold great responsibility and in addition to the responsibility for development and maintaining operations, you can expect the following tasks:
- Preparation of project descriptions, budgets, and timelines for new automation initiatives.
- System administrator and developer on the Scada system iFix.
- System administrator and developer for PLC.
- Responsible for standard setup of iFix and PLC across the factories.
- Document design, development and operation of the OT environment and integration to IT.
- Act as a sparring partner with system owners and super users when it comes to design, development, and operation of OT systems, as well as the integration to IT applications.
We imagine that your profile could look like this:
- Educated Automation Engineer, or similar technical education. Preferably with a background as an electrician, or similar background
- Around 3-4 years of experience with automation equipment, programming and system development/optimization
- Experience with TIA Portal & Siemens Software & programming is a must
- Strong automation profile that thrives in the field where tasks are solved
- English at professional level
- Good understanding of IT security and the interface between Automation and the IT department
There will also be about 10-15 travel days a year, as some tasks can only be solved in India and China.
Are you interested?
We look forward to receiving your application. We are interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis as we aim to fill the position as soon as possible.
Either way, you'll hear from us no later than four weeks after we receive your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Production Engineering Manager; Kim Wiingaard, firstname.lastname@example.org / +45 26 73 98 62