The primary focus of this Specialist in Materials Microscopy and Imaging is to drive activities in characterization of composite materials, image based analysis and microscopy. This includes deepening the knowledge and understanding of existing know-how, and leading improvements and development of methods and capabilities in these areas.
To be considered for this role, you will hold an advanced degree in Materials Engineering, Metallurgy, Physics, Geology or related subjects.
You will report into the Composite Engineering and Mechanics function and be part of a strong team of dedicated professionals. You will work closely with specialists in Chemistry and Process Science, and be the global point of contact for materials microscopy and image analysis for materials and process engineering functions across the company.
- Lead usage and deployment of FEG-SEM and optical microscopy methods .
- Lead deployment of NDT methods such as ultrasound scanning or X-ray tomography for R&D and QC purposes.
- Be the expert in materials microanalysis and develop characterization methods using light- and electron microscopy.
- Develop and employ quantitative image analysis methods using MatLab or other software.
- Work closely with colleagues in Composites Engineering and Mechanics to characterize failure mechanisms in carbon and glass fiber composites. Use the resulting insight for the development of materials with ever better performance.
- Work closely with colleagues in Process Science to characterize pultruded carbon and glass fiber composites. Use the resulting insight for the development of manufacturing processes with ever better performance.
- Work closely with colleagues in Chemistry on analytical methods in chemistry and physical chemistry (DSC, FTIR, Rheology, etc.)
- Maintain company know-how within chromium metallurgy.
- Define appropriate QC methods within the area of expertise.
- Advanced degree in Materials Engineering, Metallurgy, Geology or closely related disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience with materials characterization of fiber composite materials.
- Proven expertise in Electron Microscopy of materials and materials microanalysis.
- Knowledge and experience in Non-Destructive Testing of materials, primarily ultrasound.
- Experience with quantitative image analysis.
- Proactive, curious, structured and outspoken.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to compile technical reports and oral presentations
If you would like to know more about this position, please do not hesitate to contact Composites Engineering and Mechanics leader Atina Kafilzadeh +45 25 27 76 01 or CTO Casper Thorning +45 25 27 76 08.
How to apply?
Please apply via the link provided. Please note that Fiberline A/S exclusively uses electronic recruiting and only applications received online will be considered.
About Fiberline Composites A/S
Fiberline Composites, a Gurit company, is a world leader in the fast-developing technology of pultrusion. Pultrusion is an efficient and reliable continuous process for manufacturing high performance composite materials. Through the pioneering work of Fiberline Composites, pultrusion is gaining ground as a preferred composite materials manufacturing process for the most critical load-bearing structures of wind turbine blades. Our materials make up the most demanding parts of wind turbine blades, as root section inserts, spar caps and webs. As a carbon- and glass fibre pultrusion specialist, we have been a trusted supplier to the wind power industry for the past 30 years. In close collaboration with our customers, we push the boundaries for the performance in composites for the next generation wind turbine blades and profitable growth for our customers. We are currently leading an expansion of our manufacturing footprint across continents to further the global support of our customers in the wind industry. For more information, visit www.fiberlinecomposites.com