Mille Food is searching for a full-time Research Coordinator to lead our young R&D department in Roskilde, Denmark. Currently, the team consists of the Research Coordinator, an Innovation Manager, a Post Doc, a PhD student and a Student Assistant. In addition, we work with our 3 R&D-colleagues placed in Shanghai, China, and the intention is to see the department grow even further in the future.
Mille Food is a Danish production company that focus on providing infant formulas with high nutritious value and quality directed to the European and Chinese markets, where the products are present in more than 10,000 shops. The FSSC22000-certified production facility in Hundested covers 13,000 sqm and is the Danish headquarter, while offices are also located in Roskilde and Copenhagen. With the R&D team we aim to establish and drive research collaborations and projects to gain knowledge and develop products with high evidence.
In this role as Research Coordinator, you will keep track on ongoing research activities and ensure their progress to support Mille Food’s R&D strategy and business goals. You will be the nutrition and regulatory expert by keeping up to date with trends and updates of EU regulations and rules within the field. You will provide nutrition knowledge on infant gut development and nutritional needs by giving scientific advice on ingredients and their levels for new and current products. Finally, you are pro-active and good at managing your own time by having a very independent role. At the same time, you are good at motivating the people around you. Since it is a young company you will have the chance to be part of shaping the development of the department as well as being the stakeholder on external project collaborations.
- Management of R&D team including scientific supervision of PostDoc/PhD projects
- Identify relevant nutrition topics, new ingredients and product trends to support the development of new research projects and/or collaborations
- Manage regulatory support for products directed towards the EU market
- Collect scientific documentation related to future products
- Support and educate sales in EU and China with insights on claims
- Be the contact to academic and industrial R&D partners
- Internal and external communication on research projects and their progress
- Ensure efficient execution of R&D projects
- Drive and coordinate applications for IPR and relevant funding opportunities
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating research pipeline.
- Academic Master’s degree or higher in human nutrition, food science, molecular medicine, biochemistry or related field
- Knowledge on infant formula, related ingredients, key players in the industry and relevant conferences
- Extrovert, pro-active, and independent personality
- Scientific and structured approach toward new assignments
- Proven project management skills
- Understanding of business support within an organization
- High communication skills towards internal collaborators and public stakeholders
- English language proficiency at working level – Danish language proficiency is preferred
- Knowledge on Chinese business culture will be considered an advantage.
The position is based in Mille Food’s facility in Roskilde, Denmark, and refers to the head of research who is currently the CEO. This is primarily an office-based position, although travelling in relation to for instance meetings within and outside Denmark will be expected on an ad-hoc basis. You can also expect weekly meeting activities at various locations, e.g. the production site in Hundested.
Application deadline is 26 January 2020 at 18:00. Please note that we only accept applications via the application function below and not by email. For further questions prior to application deadline please contact CEO Christian Dehlholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 32 12 18 88.